Richland successor in 2014 is Kaveri
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
AMD has yet to replace the Trinity powered Virgo platform with Richland cores in 2013, but we got our hands on a few juicy details on AMD’s 1H 2014 lineup.
It turns out that Richland, based on the Piledriver core, should last throughout 2013 and in 1H 2014 will be replaced by the new Kaveri APU. From what we know Kaveri is based on the Steamroller B core.
Back at the Hot Chips Conference AMD’s newly appointed CTO Mark Papermaster mentioned these cores and he also said that you should expect better performance compared to existing Piledriver cores, as well as greater parallelism.
AMD calls this core a “third-generation modular core” and with that in mind the Bulldozer core used in FX parts was the first one.
If you want a deep dive you should read Anand’s article about Steamroller here.
The new Kaveri core will use new Sea Islands graphics and the reference design is codenamed Bantry. However, it will be quite some time before we see it in action, probably more than a year from today, but AMD at least has a plan.
- Battleplan: FTSE MIB Future 28 Luglio 2014
- 2014 Kia Cadenza ( 2013 Kia K7) First Drive
- Setup e Angoli di Gann: FTSE MIB INDEX 28 Luglio 2014
- Cicli e Gann in sinergia: FTSE MIB Future 28 Luglio -1 Agosto 2014
- Tour de France 2014, Vincenzo Nibali 4° nella cronometro: “Non è un sogno”
- Commodities, aggiornamento 26 Luglio 2014
- Bromium Labs: è Internet Explorer il software più vulnerabile del 2014
- Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham – SDCC 2014 Trailer
- Tour de France 2014, vince Navardauskas. Domani la crono: ultimo scoglio per Nibali
- Velocità: FTSE MIB Future 25 Luglio 2014