UK calls for Google to get a canning by the EU
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Start paying tax you fokkers
The UK government is taking its campaign to get Google to start paying tax to the EU. For years now Google has being playing a game of Tax Evaders with the UK authorities by funnelling its money all over the world. Google funnelled £6 billion through Bermuda last year, halving its 2011 tax bill and paying £1billion less to the cash strapped UK government.
In an open letter to fellow leaders of the G8, written as the UK takes over the presidency, David Cameron asked his fellow leaders to coordinate global efforts to stop tax avoidance by multinational businesses. Cameron said co-ordinated action is needed to make major corporations and wealthy individuals pay their fair share of tax.
He points out that it is jolly unfair that taxpayers work hard and pay their fair share of taxes only to see rich multi-nationals get away with murder. Eric Schmidt, Google’s executive chairman, has said that he is “very proud” of the way that the company arranges to pay as little tax as legally possible, saying it “is called capitalism”. It seems that the “do no evil” thing has long since disappeared.
Tax avoidance by Google, Starbucks and Amazon are big news in the UK as there is a lot of support to have the the buggers jailed for “immorally” minimising its tax bills. It is a little ironic as 300 years ago they would have transported to the colonies for theft. Now just the money is being transported and people are miffed.
- PCMag Live 08/01/2014: Google Barges Scrapped & ISP Iliad Offers to Buy Half of T-Mobile
- Turandot e Google Glass, l’Opera come non l’avete mai vista
- Auto driverless: Oxford tenta il sorpasso su Google
- A Cagliari la Turandot e’ coi Google Glass
- Google Begins Rollout of New Google Drive and Docs Home screens For the Web
- Google creerà la mappa del corpo umano con Baseline
- Google celebra il primo compleanno di Chromecast con un regalo, ma solo negli USA
- Google rilascia la nuova beta di Chrome per Android con Material Design
- PCMag Live 07/25/14: Google X Genetics & Sharknado 2 Light Show
- Google e la genetica, Nvidia Shield Tablet, Serie A TIM in Fifa 15 in TGtech