UK calls for Google to get a canning by the EU
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Start paying tax you fokkers
The UK government is taking its campaign to get Google to start paying tax to the EU. For years now Google has being playing a game of Tax Evaders with the UK authorities by funnelling its money all over the world. Google funnelled £6 billion through Bermuda last year, halving its 2011 tax bill and paying £1billion less to the cash strapped UK government.
In an open letter to fellow leaders of the G8, written as the UK takes over the presidency, David Cameron asked his fellow leaders to coordinate global efforts to stop tax avoidance by multinational businesses. Cameron said co-ordinated action is needed to make major corporations and wealthy individuals pay their fair share of tax.
He points out that it is jolly unfair that taxpayers work hard and pay their fair share of taxes only to see rich multi-nationals get away with murder. Eric Schmidt, Google’s executive chairman, has said that he is “very proud” of the way that the company arranges to pay as little tax as legally possible, saying it “is called capitalism”. It seems that the “do no evil” thing has long since disappeared.
Tax avoidance by Google, Starbucks and Amazon are big news in the UK as there is a lot of support to have the the buggers jailed for “immorally” minimising its tax bills. It is a little ironic as 300 years ago they would have transported to the colonies for theft. Now just the money is being transported and people are miffed.
- You can now stream Photoshop to your Chromebook: A huge win for Google
- Play Store: Ricerca Google diventa solo “Google” e ottiene una nuova icona
- Quanti dipendenti ha Samsung? Molti di più di Apple, Google e Microsoft
- Comcast calls its critics extortionists, backlash ensues
- Eric Schmidt risponde a Tim Cook: “Non ha idea di come funziona Google”
- Sicurezza account Google: come proteggersi dagli attacchi
- Google+ si separa da Gmail, tutti i dettagli
- Modificare documenti online con Office, Google Drive e Rollapp
- Alibaba è la quarta azienda tecnologica al mondo: segue solo Apple, Google e Microsoft
- Assange: Google come la NSA, spionaggio globale per soldi