CES 2013: Ion’s “Scratch 2 Go” Stick-On iPad Controls
Autore: DJ TechTools
The Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas is a classic run-up to the Winter NAMM convention – which often means for companies that have booths at both, they’re spilling their DJ goods at both. Nothing mind-blowing just yet, Ion Audio’s Scratch 2 Go iPad controls are in the running for most unique DJ product released in 2013 so far.
The Scratch 2 Go kit comes with a crossfader, three EQ knobs, and two jogwheels – all of which have a capacitive suction cup on the bottom that allows your actions on the hardware to translate to a touch on the iPads screen.
The kit requires the iDJ 2GO app by Ion, but 9to5mac is reporting that it will also function properly with Algoriddim’s djay app for iPad.
Check out YouTube user jkahnjkahn‘s video from the CES 2013 floor of the Scratch 2 Go kit in use:
It seems a bit regressive – but this kit highlights what the “touch revolution” of DJing continues to miss – real physical feedback and hardware to manipulate audio playback.
- Giochi iPhone e iPad, ecco il meglio della settimana: da Frozen Synapse a Jacob Jones
- Giornata europea dei mari: l’edizione 2013 sarà a Malta
- Google I/O 2013 in pictures: Glass, sensor motes, robot mixologists, and more
- Pioneer DJ has the highlights of Miami Music Week/WMC 2013
- Elezioni amministrative, Roma 2013: democrazia diretta e rappresentativa al Villaggio Olimpico
- Best Business Laptops – May 2013
- IK Multimedia, disponibili iKlip 2 e iKlip Studio per iPad mini
- Google Play for Education e Chromebook, l’educazione e le app per bambini visti al Google I/O 2013
- Sintesi della giornata finanziaria: 15 maggio 2013
- Google Maps per iPad in arrivo entro l’estate 2013