Plextor/LiteOn Enters the eMMC Market
This is an unusual move but one that makes a lot of sense. Plextor is currently qualifing its first eMMC solution built around a Marvell controller. These integrated eMMC solutions are often found on tablets, unfortunately their performance tends to be pretty poor across the industry. Plextor hopes to change this with its solution and is promising sequential performance as high as 180/80MBps (writes/reads) and random write performance north of 25K IOPS. I have to say that I am happy to see some more competition here. Since this will be an OEM product it’ll feature the LiteOn brand.
- Your Thoughts on the Wearables Market
- VIA’s new Isaiah x86/ARM hybrid CPU outperforms Intel in benchmarks – but will it ever come to market?
- Gartner expects PC market to rebound in 2015
- HummingBoard buzzes onto the market
- ZyXEL Updates UTM Firewalls for SMB Market
- LTE market will reach $997 Billion by 2020
- Londra, incendio al Camden Market. 600 persone evacuate, il racconto di chi c’era
- L’eolico italiano verso la market parity
- Xiaomi enters tablet space with iPad mini competitor
- Google’s chance to dominate the robot car market is quickly slipping away