Plextor/LiteOn Enters the eMMC Market
This is an unusual move but one that makes a lot of sense. Plextor is currently qualifing its first eMMC solution built around a Marvell controller. These integrated eMMC solutions are often found on tablets, unfortunately their performance tends to be pretty poor across the industry. Plextor hopes to change this with its solution and is promising sequential performance as high as 180/80MBps (writes/reads) and random write performance north of 25K IOPS. I have to say that I am happy to see some more competition here. Since this will be an OEM product it’ll feature the LiteOn brand.
- European regulators eye antitrust investigation against Qualcomm over modem market domination
- Roku takes aim at TV market with new Roku TV
- Samsung perde il 2% di market share nei primi sei mesi del 2014
- SanDisk Releases Ultra II SSD: Bringing More TLC NAND to the Market
- AMD Jumps Into the SSD Market: Radeon R7 Series SSD Launched
- Lenovo reports strong earnings, record PC market share
- Inversione del market sentiment, torna la percezione del rischio finanziario
- Self-driving forklift Ray brings automatic parking to the luxury market
- Depeche Mode Drumset is coming back on the market!
- BOND MARKET: Tutti pazzi per la cedola!