Plextor/LiteOn Enters the eMMC Market
This is an unusual move but one that makes a lot of sense. Plextor is currently qualifing its first eMMC solution built around a Marvell controller. These integrated eMMC solutions are often found on tablets, unfortunately their performance tends to be pretty poor across the industry. Plextor hopes to change this with its solution and is promising sequential performance as high as 180/80MBps (writes/reads) and random write performance north of 25K IOPS. I have to say that I am happy to see some more competition here. Since this will be an OEM product it’ll feature the LiteOn brand.
- Microsoft is considering a free version of Windows 8.1, to increase its anemic market share
- Windows Mobile market share set to grow
- Server market grew this year
- Intel loses control of baseband market
- SanDisk iNAND Extreme in 2014: Finally a Good eMMC Solution for Mobile?
- The small wind turbines market in Italy
- Nvidia, Intel gain GPU market share
- AMD going after new market segments
- Red Harbinger tests the Cryptocurrency Chassis Market: The DopaMINE
- China out-spends the US for first time in $15bn smart grid market