Plextor/LiteOn Enters the eMMC Market
This is an unusual move but one that makes a lot of sense. Plextor is currently qualifing its first eMMC solution built around a Marvell controller. These integrated eMMC solutions are often found on tablets, unfortunately their performance tends to be pretty poor across the industry. Plextor hopes to change this with its solution and is promising sequential performance as high as 180/80MBps (writes/reads) and random write performance north of 25K IOPS. I have to say that I am happy to see some more competition here. Since this will be an OEM product it’ll feature the LiteOn brand.
- PC market is down but AMD can grow in it
- Italy, a GW photovoltaic market in 2014 and beyond
- PV O&M market toward a more competitive environment
- Renewable Energy Market Share Climbs Despite 2013 Dip in Investments
- OLED finally triumphant: The Galaxy S5 has the best smartphone display on the market
- PC monitor market still slow
- Amazon Controller Leaked? Moving into the Gaming Market?
- Microsoft is considering a free version of Windows 8.1, to increase its anemic market share
- Windows Mobile market share set to grow
- Server market grew this year