US officials blame Iran for cyber assault
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Dozens of banking sites affected
US officials believe Iran is behind a series of cyber attacks carried out against dozens of American banks.
The attacks were coordinated and staged by networks of hijacked computers in data center, prompting security researches to conclude that they were carried out by a foreign government rather than a few bored hackers.
“There is no doubt within the U.S. government that Iran is behind these attacks,” security expert James A. Lewis told the New York Times. Lewis said the volume of traffic flooding the sites pointed to a massive attack, much bigger than Russia’s cyber attack against Estonia in 2007.
The attacks started in September and they targeted numerous banks, including Bank of America, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, Capital One, HSBC and others. The method of choice was DDoS attacks carried out by data centers in an effort to disturb cloud operations.
However, there was not much public outcry over the attacks, probably because average Americans hate bankers quite a bit more than Iranian mullahs.
- Bingo Players featuring Heather Bright – Don’t Blame The Party (Mode)
- App iPad scontate: The Descent HD, Dungelot, Automobiline nella sabbionaia, Demon Assault HD
- Cyber estorsione: nell’era degli smartphone arriva il ricatto elettronico
- eBay vittima di un cyber attacco. Nuove password per gli utenti
- EA: stop ai servizi online per 50 giochi, tra cui Battlefield 1942 e Moh Allied Assault
- Iran: ‘grazia’ il killer del figlio sul patibolo Renzi, “impressionante”
- UK in danger of cyber attack
- Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition: finalmente sostituito Games for Windows Live con Steamworks
- Bingo Players featuring Heather Bright – Don’t Blame The Party (Mode) (Firebeatz Remix)
- Applicazioni Mac in sconto, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, Worms Revolution, CameraBag 2, Strata Foto 3D SE