13-year-old girl arrested over Facebook message
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Taking it a bit too far, aren’t we?
A 13-year-old middle school student has been arrested in South Carolina over a Facebook message.
The teen talked about blowing up Chesterfield Ruby Middle School in a Facebook message to a 20-year-old woman. Authorities took the threat seriously and proceeded to search the school with explosive detecting dogs. The 13-year-old was arrested, but the 20-year-old was not.
Sheriff Sam Parker told the press that someone saw the threatening message and alerted local authorities. Parker believes the girls were just joking, but the authorities were clearly not in the mood.
The teen could be released to the custody of her parents until her case goes to court.
- Google told to hand over emails to cops
- Chinese hackers turn over US government departments
- 10Gbps over a copper telephone line: A new world record set by Bell Labs
- Android KitKat gains over four points in June
- Anger mounts over Facebook’s news feed experiment, company denies wrongdoing
- Dota 2 prize fund now over $10 million: Not bad for a free-to-play PC-only game
- Supercomputer stagnation: New list of the world’s fastest computers casts shadow over exascale by 2020
- Eugene Goostman becomes the first AI to pass the Turing Test, convincing judges that he’s a 13-year-old boy
- Afrojack – Take Over Control (Spencer & Hill Mix) Video HD
- Scientists discover the reason that batteries lose capacity over time: Nanocrystals!