LG jumps Windows Phone 8 bandwagon
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Hopes to boost smartphone shipments in 2013
LG is apparently planning to launch its first Windows phones later this year.
According to the Korea Times, LG is planning the Windows Phone 8 push as part of a wider strategy to boost phone shipments in 2013. LG hopes to ship 75 million phones this year, up from 55 million in 2012.
The report also states that LG will enter the phablet space, with a 5.5-inch 1080p device coming in February.
An LG representative told the Korea Times that the company will release “quite a number of new Optimus devices” this year and that it already has some Windows Phone 8 devices in the works.
However, increasing shipments by about 35 percent won’t be easy. LG is facing stiff competition from Samsung, as well as makers of low-cost smartphones such as LG and Huawei.
- WTF: Cool Tech Gifts | Fractal Design R4 | Track Your Galaxy Phone | Prison Architect
- How to Set Up a VPN in Windows 7
- Scoprire la data di installazione di Windows e da quanto tempo è acceso il PC
- Previsto per luglio il primo major update per Windows Phone 8
- Windows Azure per ItPro
- Schermata blu in Windows: che cosa può provocarne la comparsa
- Windows 8.1 svelato in alcune immagini, ridisegnati Xbox Music e Windows Store
- Xbox One all’E3, le demo dei giochi giravano su PC Windows
- Firm bets solar phone screens will be the answer to slow-moving battery tech
- Nokia ships last Symbian phone