LG jumps Windows Phone 8 bandwagon
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Hopes to boost smartphone shipments in 2013
LG is apparently planning to launch its first Windows phones later this year.
According to the Korea Times, LG is planning the Windows Phone 8 push as part of a wider strategy to boost phone shipments in 2013. LG hopes to ship 75 million phones this year, up from 55 million in 2012.
The report also states that LG will enter the phablet space, with a 5.5-inch 1080p device coming in February.
An LG representative told the Korea Times that the company will release “quite a number of new Optimus devices” this year and that it already has some Windows Phone 8 devices in the works.
However, increasing shipments by about 35 percent won’t be easy. LG is facing stiff competition from Samsung, as well as makers of low-cost smartphones such as LG and Huawei.
- Windows 7 download: ecco come scaricare il DVD d’installazione
- Apple fanboys told not to put new phone in microwave
- Huawei abbandona Windows Phone, meglio Android
- Amazon lancia i nuovi Kindle, e tenta di far dimenticare il flop Fire phone
- Huawei abbandona Windows Phone: serve Android per contrastare Apple e Samsung
- Possibile upgrade da Windows 7 a Windows 9?
- Microsoft annuncia il controller Xbox One per Windows, in arrivo su PC
- Nokia Lumia 530 videorecensione: Windows Phone a meno di 100
- Da Thecus i primi NAS con Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essential
- Toshiba Encore Mini in vendita, il tablet Windows di fascia bassa venduto a 119 dollari