LG jumps Windows Phone 8 bandwagon
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Hopes to boost smartphone shipments in 2013
LG is apparently planning to launch its first Windows phones later this year.
According to the Korea Times, LG is planning the Windows Phone 8 push as part of a wider strategy to boost phone shipments in 2013. LG hopes to ship 75 million phones this year, up from 55 million in 2012.
The report also states that LG will enter the phablet space, with a 5.5-inch 1080p device coming in February.
An LG representative told the Korea Times that the company will release “quite a number of new Optimus devices” this year and that it already has some Windows Phone 8 devices in the works.
However, increasing shipments by about 35 percent won’t be easy. LG is facing stiff competition from Samsung, as well as makers of low-cost smartphones such as LG and Huawei.
- Windows 8.1 Update 2 con il Patch Tuesday di agosto
- Air Force One finally upgrades its 1980s Reagan-era phone system
- Teclast X98 Air 9.7″, nuovo tablet con Windows 8.1/Android molto simile a iPad
- Huawei makes a killing, jumps 19% in H1 2014
- Lenovo gives up on small Windows tablets in the US
- Lenovo blocca le vendite dei tablet Windows a 8 pollici negli Stati Uniti
- Hearthstone “Curse of Naxxramas”, espansione in arrivo ache su iOS, Mac e PC Windows
- Spectrasonics Trillian Total Bass Module Windows installation Guide
- Aggiornare Windows 8 a 8.1, arriva il fix di Microsoft
- Paragon, gratis l’utility per leggere i dischi HFS su Windows 8/8.1