Indians claim Nokia plays tax-evaders
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Computer game for businessmen
The Indian affiliate of global accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers was quizzed by tax authorities looking into possible tax evasion by Finnish phone maker Nokia.
Indian tax men raided Nokia’s production unit in Chennai, one of the company’s biggest facilities. According to the Indian government the investigation related to allegations that Nokia may have evaded around $ 55 million in taxes. Nokia has said it was cooperating with the probe.
PwC’s arm in India both audits and provides tax advice to Nokia. Auditor independence standards in India allow firms to both audit and provide tax advice to the same client, he added. Meanwhile British telecommunications carrier Vodafone Group is also being pressed for payment of $ 2 billion in disputed taxes in India on its 2007 acquisition of mobile telecom assets.
- HTC e Nokia: due brand sempre meno popolari in Cina; Samsung e Apple al top
- Nokia Announces New Low Cost Lumia 530
- Apple in crescita, Microsoft rallenta dopo l’acquisizione di Nokia
- Nokia launches $115 Lumia 530
- Continuano i tagli di Microsoft: cessato lo sviluppo di Nokia McLaren, lo smartphone 3D Touch
- Sven Vath @ Cocorico Riccione plays Marco Effe _ Jellied Eels Cocoon Recordings 31.12.2012
- Microsoft taglierà 18.000 posti di lavoro, soprattutto ex dipendenti Nokia
- Microsoft proclama ufficialmente l’inizio della fine della famiglia Nokia X
- Disponibile da domani l’aggiornamento Nokia Cyan per tutti gli smartphone LUmia
- Nokia Lumia con Windows Phone 8.1 e Cyan: parte l’update!