Indians claim Nokia plays tax-evaders
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Computer game for businessmen
The Indian affiliate of global accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers was quizzed by tax authorities looking into possible tax evasion by Finnish phone maker Nokia.
Indian tax men raided Nokia’s production unit in Chennai, one of the company’s biggest facilities. According to the Indian government the investigation related to allegations that Nokia may have evaded around $ 55 million in taxes. Nokia has said it was cooperating with the probe.
PwC’s arm in India both audits and provides tax advice to Nokia. Auditor independence standards in India allow firms to both audit and provide tax advice to the same client, he added. Meanwhile British telecommunications carrier Vodafone Group is also being pressed for payment of $ 2 billion in disputed taxes in India on its 2007 acquisition of mobile telecom assets.
- Nokia Lumia 530 videorecensione: Windows Phone a meno di 100
- Nokia Lumia 530 videorecensione: Windows Phone a meno di 100€ – TVtech
- Rewind: Nokia presenta il 9300 con la tastiera QWERTY!
- Microsoft to kill off Nokia brand
- Nokia Lumia 930 Review
- Recensione Nokia Lumia 530
- HTC One M8 For Windows per chi non vuole i Nokia Lumia
- Tom’s Week: il Nokia 130 da 19 euro ha fatto il botto
- Federico Grazzini plays Amethyst @ The Zooproject Ibiza
- Nokia 130 da 19 euro è perfetto come muletto