Sony flogs skyscraper
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Sony is about to flog off its skyscraper on Madison Avenue to the Chetrit Group, a major family-owned New York property outfit for $ 1.1 billion.
Sony said the sale was to raise much-needed cash, expected to equal $ 770m, after bills on the building have been pay off. The firm will also record a windfall profit in its accounts, as the building is being sold at a gain of £685m, compared with the price that Sony originally paid for it in 2002.
The company will not be moving out of the building. Apparently it will continue to lease the building back for another three years following the sale. The company has 1,500 Sony employees working in the building, including its music and films businesses.
The 37-floor building was first constructed in 1984, at a time when Sony was worth a lot of dosh thanks to the success of its Walkman. In November, Sony suffered the ignominy of having its credit rating downgraded to “junk” because the company had serious doubts about whether Sony will be able to repay its debts.
- Sony vende pochi smartphone e tablet, ora punterà solo sui prodotti di fascia alta
- Sony heads towards loss
- I dispositivi Sony Xperia Z3 includeranno il PlayStation 4 Remote Play
- Sony Xperia Z3 e Xperia Z3 Compact, eccoli dal vivo all’IFA
- Sony Z3 diventa una PS4 portatile: video anteprima
- Sony announces three smartphones at IFA 2014
- Sony HDR-AZ1 Action Cam Mini all’IFA 2014
- Sony SmartWatch 3 & SmartBand Talk Hands-On
- Accessori Sony Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact e Z3 Tablet Compact già disponibili
- Sony Smartwatch 3 e Smartband Talk all’IFA 2014, annunciati orologio e braccialetto