Job posting hints at Qualcomm server SoCs
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
64-bit ARMv8 designers wanted
Qualcomm is advertising at least three software engineering positions that seem to indicate it is gearing up to enter the ARM server market.
According to EE Times, the chipmaker is looking for designers who know their way around ARMv8-based server SoC ASICs and can deal with development, porting and integration of server platform management software and firmware.
In plain English, Qualcomm is apparently working on 64-bit server SoCs. Although the company is the clear market leader in the ARM space, it never really focused on server parts. Other players, including AMD, Marvell, Samsung and Nvidia have also announced plans to enter the ARM server market.
The first shipments of 64-bit server SoCs are expected next year, but Calxeda and Marvell are already shipping 32-bit SoCs for servers, but in limited numbers.
- Da Qualcomm chip wireless tri-band per collegamenti a 7Gbps
- Qualcomm to boost performance to gigabit levels with Wilocity acquistion
- Microsoft spegne i server di Age of Empires Online
- Heartbleed, ancora più di 300 mila server vulnerabili
- Con Fujitsu, dal server al Cloud in cinque step
- Google I/O: Qualcomm Celebrates Launch of Adreno 420 GPU for Android Gaming
- Microsoft presenta SQL Server 2014, anche in versione Express
- Computex 2014: GIGABYTE Server Shows 46x Avoton C2750 Microserver in 2U
- Qualcomm Atheros Launches FSM90xx SoCs for LTE Femtocells
- Siete tutti invitati a scoprire SQL Server 2014…