Microsoft considered Linux port for Office
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Software giant Microsoft is seriously considering creating a version of Office which can run on Linux. According to ExtremeTech, Microsoft is taking a “meaningful look” at releasing a full Linux port of Office in 2014.
Rumours of the Linux version of Office surfaced last weekend at FOSDEM, the open source conference held annually in Brussels. It is all being prompted by Microsoft’s late realisation that Linux may be a viable commercial opportunity after all. Redmond has been developping a version of Office for Android to work on mobile devices. Since Android is Linux-based a lot of the porting work will have already been done. This means that it should not take too much effort to take the next step and bring Office to Linux.
There is no proof of this of course; it is just rumour and speculation. In the past, Microsoft has been worried about letting its crown jewels work on other operating systems. However if it is going to port to Android it might as well go the whole hog.
- Modificare documenti online con Office, Google Drive e Rollapp
- Alibaba è la quarta azienda tecnologica al mondo: segue solo Apple, Google e Microsoft
- OneDrive, Microsoft offre per un periodo limitato 30GB gratis
- Rewind: Microsoft attacca YouTube con una scatola di sapone
- Nuovo Microsoft Office: disponibili online i primi screenshot leaked
- Microsoft closes R&D
- Microsoft Details Direct3D 11.3 & 12 New Rendering Features
- Microsoft annuncia il controller Xbox One per Windows, in arrivo su PC
- Microsoft facilità l’accesso a Dev Center per gli sviluppatori
- Tastiera Microsoft compatibile Windows, iOS e Android e certificata Apple