Ubuntu phone out in October
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
It looks like a release date has come for mobile phones which use the Ubuntu operating system.
Mark Shuttleworth, founder and CEO of Canonical said the phones should be in the shops by October. Application developers will have access to the smaartphone operating system, which is optimised for the Galaxy Nexus handset manufactured by Samsung Electronics in late February. Shuttleworth seemed to be talking a lot about having Windows-based apps streamed to them from corporate servers which means users could access all manner of corporate data through a single, pocket-sized device.
Windows, iOS and Google ’s Android, are at least slightly different versions of the same operating systems running tablets or PCs, and those differences often mean the same data can’t run on all three form factors, he said. The other problem it might have is that while it makes sense for a business to adopt Ubuntu smart phones, BYOD users are probably going to want something more marketed to consumers, like something from Samsung and Apple.
Mr. Shuttleworth said the new phone operating system will be available in two large geographic markets in October, and while he didn’t commit to North America being one of those, he said North America is “absolutely a key market for Ubuntu.” He said the operating system has drawn interest from carriers as well, many of which are eager to break up the smartphone market hegemony of Apple and Google. Shuttleworth declined to identify carrier or handset partners.
- Amazon Fire Phone review roundup: A gimmicky mess, unless you’re looking for a Buy Now button in the shape of a smartphone
- Air Force One finally upgrades its 1980s Reagan-era phone system
- Nokia Lumia con Windows Phone 8.1 e Cyan: parte l’update!
- BBM for Windows Phone: in arrivo la beta
- paqueteria para generar presentaciones y su diapositivo Windows Phone 7 WMV Video1
- Vine si aggiorna su Android, iOS e Windows Phone
- Point of View Mobii WinTab 800W, 1000W e 1000BW: ecco tre nuovi tablet Windows Phone
- Fire Phone di Amazon, programma sostituzione iPhone e Crackdown sul cloud in TGtech
- Fire Phone di Amazon, programma sostituzione iPhone e Crackdown sul cloud in TGtech – TVtech
- Samsung Launches the Galaxy S5 Broadband LTE-A: First Snapdragon 805 Phone, First 20nm Modem