Intel hit with bomb threat, Chandler campus evacuated
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Fanboys getting more aggressive?
A bomb threat was called in to Intel’s semiconductor manufacturing campus in Chandler on Tuesday.
The threat forced officials to partially evacuate the facility and conduct a sweep, which yielded no explosives. Chandler Police Detective Seth Tyler said the caller was referring to parts of the property that are still under construction.
The local bomb squad employed explosive sniffing dogs were called in to check out the facility. However, the campus continued to operate in spite of the partial investigation and Intel representatives said they didn’t take the threat seriously.
The facility is one of the largest employers in the Phoenix area and it was visited by US President Barack Obama in early 2012.
- Oracle asked Intel to create a new chip
- Scythe Tatsumi, dissipatore low-cost per CPU Intel e AMD
- Pyrrhic victory: Intel forces its way into mobile, but might destroy itself in the process
- Intel makes a bomb
- Obiettivo mobility: HP si allea con Intel e Microsoft
- Intel Q2 2014 Quarterly Earnings Analysis
- Acer launches the first useful Chromebook with an Intel Core i3 CPU
- Saranno Made in Germany alcuni elementi del futuro Campus 2 di Apple
- VIA’s new Isaiah x86/ARM hybrid CPU outperforms Intel in benchmarks – but will it ever come to market?
- Panasonic to make 14nm chips at Intel fabs