SubPac, Personal Subwoofer | Kickstarter Highlight
Autore: DJ TechTools
A lot of interesting music technology goes through the Kickstarter circuit – some (like the QuNeo) more successfully than others. But Studiofeed, a Toronto-based company that supports independent musicians through technology development, has a new project that’s just gone live that could be the next big thing in home studio production and DJing.
The SubPac has the unobtrusive design of a backrest with a audio interface attached the the right side, and is designed to transmit bass frequencies through physical contact with the person using it. The unit is designed to emulate club-level bass intensities – with a frequency response of 5Hz to 130Hz.
At first glance, it seems like it could potentially be a cheesy gimmick device, simply because of the physical design and the absurdity of such a thin unit acting as a subwoofer. But some of the artist testers who they’ve gotten testimonials from are bass experts – including praise from Kode 9 and Mala.
Here’s their Kickstarter promotional video – we’ve gone ahead and requested a unit so that we can give you all the full review soon. If Studiofeed has really solved the problem of annoying our neighbors everytime we crank up the bass, it’s a significant development for DJs and producers!
- T-Mobile Announces Uncarrier 7.0: Personal CellSpot, WiFi Unleashed
- Lanciata la campagna Kickstarter del remake di Pathologic
- DefCon 22: Home Automation Security, Personal Wrist Computer and Buying Online, Hak5 1702
- 10 progetti che verranno realizzati nel 2014 grazie a Kickstarter
- Tesoriere Pd: “10,8 milioni di buco nel bilancio del partito sono tanti. Ma niente tagli al personal
- Kickstarter della settimana: Acton RocketSkates, pattini elettrici smart
- Woolfe: The Redhood Diaries debutta su Kickstarter
- Mimoto Smartpen, la penna che registra ciò che scrivi arriva su Kickstarter
- Skea: controller da orgasmo in cerca di fondi su Kickstarter
- Stampante 3D: arriva quella domestica grazie a Kickstarter. Ma e’ gia’ stata ritirata dal mercato