SubPac, Personal Subwoofer | Kickstarter Highlight
Autore: DJ TechTools
A lot of interesting music technology goes through the Kickstarter circuit – some (like the QuNeo) more successfully than others. But Studiofeed, a Toronto-based company that supports independent musicians through technology development, has a new project that’s just gone live that could be the next big thing in home studio production and DJing.
The SubPac has the unobtrusive design of a backrest with a audio interface attached the the right side, and is designed to transmit bass frequencies through physical contact with the person using it. The unit is designed to emulate club-level bass intensities – with a frequency response of 5Hz to 130Hz.
At first glance, it seems like it could potentially be a cheesy gimmick device, simply because of the physical design and the absurdity of such a thin unit acting as a subwoofer. But some of the artist testers who they’ve gotten testimonials from are bass experts – including praise from Kode 9 and Mala.
Here’s their Kickstarter promotional video – we’ve gone ahead and requested a unit so that we can give you all the full review soon. If Studiofeed has really solved the problem of annoying our neighbors everytime we crank up the bass, it’s a significant development for DJs and producers!
- Secondo una ricerca, le password iOS Personal Hotspot generate sono vulnerabili ad attacchi.
- RoboRoach Kickstarter project will bring cyborg insects to the masses
- D3LIFE – Your personal dreamstylist
- Un seguito spirituale di Syndicate in arrivo su Kickstarter?
- Among the Sleep chiude la campagna Kickstarter superando l’obiettivo di 50.000 dollari
- Autoduel – Un nuovo racing game da combattimento su Kickstarter, supportato da David Jaffe
- A tre giorni dalla fine della campagna Kickstarter, Among the Sleep ce l’ha fatta
- Among the Sleep – Una open alpha per il rush finale della campagna Kickstarter
- Xistera, nuovo progetto Kickstarter per un innovativo accessorio multiuso per iPhone
- Spicy Horse sta cercando la cosplayer perfetta per la campagna Kickstarter del nuovo Alice