Nvidia did talk to Sony about PS4
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Passed because of the economics
From a recent sighting at GameSpot, we have learned that the whispers we were hearing about NVidia having the chance to continue their relationship with Sony on the PlayStation 4 was, in fact, true. Senior VP of content and technology at NVidia, Tony Tamasi, is quoted as saying that, “…we didn’t want to do the business at the price that those guys were willing to pay.”
The revelation isn’t really that surprising, considering that NVidia has been involved in the console business with the original Xbox and, of course, the PlayStation 3. By now, NVidia surely does understand the economics of the console business; and when you have only so many engineers to allocate to projects and when it would impact the difference that the company can make on what are its core businesses, it is reasonable for the company to come to the decision that they think the economics don’t add up.
You can be sure that since AMD now has all of the console business, NVidia will definitely be watching to see how this plays out for them.
Read more from Tamasi over at GameStop.
- Nvidia Launches Shield Tablet
- Stop ai servizi online di Gran Turismo 5: assistenza Sony deficitaria
- Nvidia Shield Tablet e controller, trapelati tutti i dettagli
- Ecco quella che potrebbe essere la prima immagine del nuovo tablet Shield di NVIDIA
- Sony forgets to pay for its domain name
- Tegra K1 GPU posts some beastly benchmarks – but can Nvidia get devs to actually use it?
- Prova registrazione video FullHD Sony Xperia Z2 – TVtech
- La nuova console NVIDIA potrebbe supportare un controller separato
- Sony Smartwatch 2, arrivano gli sfondi personalizzati
- Sony launches Xperia C3 smartphone