Nvidia did talk to Sony about PS4
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Passed because of the economics
From a recent sighting at GameSpot, we have learned that the whispers we were hearing about NVidia having the chance to continue their relationship with Sony on the PlayStation 4 was, in fact, true. Senior VP of content and technology at NVidia, Tony Tamasi, is quoted as saying that, “…we didn’t want to do the business at the price that those guys were willing to pay.”
The revelation isn’t really that surprising, considering that NVidia has been involved in the console business with the original Xbox and, of course, the PlayStation 3. By now, NVidia surely does understand the economics of the console business; and when you have only so many engineers to allocate to projects and when it would impact the difference that the company can make on what are its core businesses, it is reasonable for the company to come to the decision that they think the economics don’t add up.
You can be sure that since AMD now has all of the console business, NVidia will definitely be watching to see how this plays out for them.
Read more from Tamasi over at GameStop.
- NVIDIA GeForce 340.52 WHQL Drivers Now Available
- Napster back complaining about “big content”
- The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Review
- Scientists are about to use supernova cosmic rays to peer inside the most dangerous room in the world: Fukushima
- Nvidia quadruples display resolution by stacking two cheap LCD panels on top of each other
- Google e la genetica, Nvidia Shield Tablet, Serie A TIM in Fifa 15 in TGtech
- Google e la genetica, Nvidia Shield Tablet, Serie A TIM in Fifa 15 in TGtech – TVtech
- Sony dovrà offrire 15 milioni di dollari in contenuti digitali per la violazione del Psn del 2011
- Sony Xperia Z2 tablet smontato e rimontato in due video ufficiali
- Sony hurriedly patches 3D Blu-ray playback into the PS4 after Microsoft promises support