Galaxy S IV packs Snapdragon 600 SoC
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
The Galaxy S IV hype is slowly winding down and we’re happy to see its back. We already have overhyped Apple launches to deal with and the world could really do without a second Apple. It’s just a phone, take it easy people.
However, there is still some actual news to report, nothing gimmicky. The S IV will feature Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600 processor “in select regions,” which basically sounds like North America. Speaking of hype, sorry fanboys, it’s not the 800 – it’s not ready yet and it won’t be ready for a couple of months.
Although Samsung talked up the S IV launch, it was rather vague on the CPU side of things. It never said the Snapdragon 600 would be the alternative S IV chip and it still has more light to shed on its new Exynos 5 Octa, which really shouldn’t be called an eight-core processor to begin with.
This puts the Snapdragon 600 in the HTC One and (probably) quite a few versions of the S IV, those aimed at LTE loving markets and carriers.
The Exynos 5 Octa looks like a damn fine piece of silicon, with four frugal A7 cores and pretty powerful graphics. However, much like Nvidia’s Tegra 4, it lacks on board LTE, which means it not an option for quite a few major markets. Although Samsung likes to talk about the Octa, quite a few consumers will have to get Qualcomm powered S IVs instead. Not that there is anything wrong with that, the 600 is a very impressive chip as well.
- Samsung Begins Tizen Rollout for Original Galaxy Gear in the US
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha: ecco come sarà il rivale dell’iPhone 6
- iPad Mini Retina vs Galaxy Tab S 8.4″ vs MiPad: il confronto di HDblog.it
- Surriscaldamento Samsung Galaxy Tab S, alcuni utenti denunciano seri problemi di funzionamento
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4, S Pen con ultrasuoni? Spunta nuovo brevetto
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha, in arrivo per contrastare iPhone 6?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 sarà dotato di scanner per la retina?
- Custodie e accessori firmati per Samsung Galaxy S5, Gear Fit e Gear 2 in video
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 vs iPad Air: la Sfida di HDblog.it
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini, disponibile in Italia da fine luglio