Haswell 35W dual cores in Q4 2013
Autore: Welcome to Fudzilla
Replacement for Core i7 3540
We found out peculiar fact that some members of Intel’s M Processor line, 35W dual-core products, won’t get the Haswell upgrade until Q4 2013. Haswell starts in very late Q2 2013 and is still scheduled to launch in late May or early June, but most of the parts are aimed at the very expensive quad core MX line and MQ line edition parts.
When it comes to dual-core 35W Core i7 and Core i5 Haswell parts they won’t come at least until Q4 2013, at least this is the current part. Core i7 3540 launched in this quarter, Q1 2013, and it is a 3GHz dual-core with four threads and a top turbo frequency set at 3.7 GHz. It is a 35W, 22nm Ivy Bridge part with 4MB of cache memory. A replacement part might be on the way with a slightly higher clock in Q3 2013, but the Haswell based replacement is set for Q4 2013. With an official price of $ 348 it is not really the cheapest kid on the block.
Core i5 3380 remains the fastest dual-core 35W Pentium part until Q4 2013 Haswell reinforcement. The 2.7GHz / 3.4GHz turbo clocked dual-core will remain the fastest in this league at least until Q3 2013, when it might get slightly faster version of the Ivy Bridge based core, but it won’t be replaced by Haswell 35W dual-cores before Q4 2013.
Intel definitely wants to prioritize the quad-core 55W i7-3940XM $ 1096.00 replacement called Core i7 4930MX and Core i7-3840QM replacement in $ 568 market segment, branded as Core i7 4800 MQ, as it can simply make more money on these pricey these parts. These quad-core Haswell parts start selling in Q2 2013, followed by 17W Ultra low voltage dual-cores in Q3 2013 and only after these two lines rolls out, Intel will introduce the rest of the Haswell line-up.
- Certificati Bianchi: ecco i progetti approvati dal GSE dal 3 febbraio 2013 al 31 agosto 2014
- Amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere reached a new record high in 2013
- Numark NV Controller with Dual Screens- Full Review
- Intel Xeon E5 Version 3: Up to 18 Haswell EP Cores
- Potenza fotovoltaica installata nel mondo. Dati cumulativi (2013)
- Eolico mondiale a fine 2013: cresce solo del 12,5%
- Installazioni eoliche per paese (a fine 2013)
- Epic 8-Core Dual GTX 780 Ti Gaming Build! (Intel i7-5960X)
- LOPAZZ – Share My Rhythm (LOPAZZ’s 2013 Edit)
- [NAMM] Orange Dual Dark 100 and Dual Dark 50 amps