Point of View launches GTX 780 Ammo and Mag graphics cards
Just as we hinted back when the GTX 780 was officially launched, Point of View has lived up to its name and revealed its first in-house factory-overclocked Trooper series with GTX 780 Ammo and the GTX 780 Mag Edition.
Backed by a veteran in GPU factory-overclocking industry and a chap that was behind some of the OCed graphics cards from EVGA and Gainward, Point of View can now brag with some quite impressively overclocked GPUs and decided that GTX 780 GPU is good enough to be a first one in the Trooper series. Both launched new graphics cards will use Nvidia’s reference design with a GTX Titan blower fan but work at pretty higher GPU clocks.
In case you missed it back when it was officially launched, the GTX 780 is based on the GK110 GPU, features 2304 CUDA cores and works at 876/900 base and Boost GPU clocks. It comes equipped with 3GB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 6009MHz and paired up with a 384-bit memory interface.
The POV GTX 780 Ammo got overclocked to 902MHz base and 941MHz Boost GPU clocks, while the POV GTX 780 Mag Edition got even higher factory-overclock set at 941MHz base and 980MHz Boost GPU clocks. According to our info, these two graphics cards are just a start and judging from the box art, we might see even higher factory-overclock in future, most likely paired up with a custom cooling solution.
The Trooper series graphics cards should appear in European retail/e-tail pretty soon.
- PlayStation Now public beta launches today on PS4
- AMD Officially Launches 65W/45W Kaveri APUs: The A10-7800, A8-7600 and A6-7400K
- PCMag Live 07/31/14: Internet.org App Launches in Zambia & BitTorrent’s Serverless Chat Client
- Broadwell 14nm gets new Iris Pro graphics
- PS4 Destiny graphics look superior to Xbox One version, but barely
- ADATA Launches XPG V3 DDR3 Range
- Asus launches ROG Swift PG278Q WQHD 144Hz monitor
- Nokia launches $115 Lumia 530
- Nvidia officially launches the 8-inch Shield Tablet
- Nvidia Launches Shield Tablet