Computex 2013: 2.5 inch 1.6TB SSD from ADATA
Our trip to the ADATA booth at Computex this year revealed something rather special – this 1.6 TB SSD from ADATA called the SX2000. Details of the NAND were sparse, but the SSD uses 2 TB total with free space for overprovisioning, the new SFF-8639 (PCIe) for connection and a new LSI controller under the hood.
Unfortunately there was not a working model on display, and this drive is currently aiming at the Enterprise space with no word on release date or pricing. We were able to find performance numbers, sitting around 1800 MBps in read and write with 200K IOPS in 4K Random Read.
Similarly ADATA also had an M.2 module with similar specifications (up to 512 GB), called the XMP280E:
- LOPAZZ – Share My Rhythm (LOPAZZ’s 2013 Edit)
- TCTS live from GlobalGathering Courtyard Sessions
- GIGABYTE X99 Motherboard Launch: Eight Models from X99-UD3 to G1 WIFI and SOC Force
- China’s supersonic submarine, which could go from Shanghai to San Francisco in 100 minutes, creeps ever closer to reality
- The Life Cycle of a Career DJ: From 1 to 25 years
- Skeptical’s live drum & bass set from DJ Mag HQ
- CD’s from 1990s are dying
- A Month with the iPhone 5s: Impressions from an Android User
- Recovering Data from a Failed Synology NAS
- The demon core: A scary story of sloppy science from the Manhattan Project