Apple gets first dibs on dual-core Haswells
Mac Air 11 and 13 get them all in Q2
One big mystery solved. Intel has announced that it starts shipping various Core i5 and Core i7 15W processors in Q3 2013, including these Core i5 based we mentioned here.
Last night Apple announced that it got to ride shotgun on these processors without actually telling the world much about them. Both 11-inch and-13 inch Macbook Airs are getting a new 1.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, with Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz as their basic processor or for an additional $ 150 you get the 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz. We found out their real names as Apple didn’t reveal that on its consumerish shopping website here.
Intel calls the 1.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz CPU the Core i5-4250U and even at its official website it claims that this CPU starts shipping in Q3 2013. Apple didn’t mention that the Intel HD graphics 5000 core has a base clock of 200MHz and 1GHz as its top clock, or that this is a 15W TDP processor. You can check all the details here.
The fastest offer for both Ultrabooks that runs at 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz is likely to be the Core i7 4650U again a 22nm 15W TDP part that should launch in Q3 2013 for the rest of the world, but becomes available as of today if you are Apple. The CPU alone will cost $ 454.00 in tray quantities of 1,000 but this is again not the price Apple is paying for it.
Being priced at $ 999 for the basic 11-inch and $ 1099 for the entry level 13-inch Air, the Ultrabook alliance will have a hell of a job to fight this offer. The good thing that installing Windows on these notebooks significantly affects the battery life and that Mac OS is well known for its inability of playing any half decent games on it. However, since most of the world uses their computers for web, emails, word processing and occasional movies, the new line of Macbooks looks perfect for that sort of thing.
- Jobs’ Mob moving back to Apple Maps
- Saranno Made in Germany alcuni elementi del futuro Campus 2 di Apple
- Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15D gets Beema treatment
- PCMag Live 07/08/14: Apple iPhone 6 Sapphire Glass Rumors & Potato Salad on Kickstarter
- UK Post Office gets into mobile phones
- Apple, raggiunto accordo per la costruzione di un nuovo impianto solare in North Carolina
- Apple, un metodo per modellare oggetti con vetri curvi senza giunzioni
- Apple CarPlay: Is that all there is for now?
- Apple rilascia iOS 8 beta 3 agli sviluppatori
- Mormons team up with Apple to annoy people