Foxconn to enlist thousands to work on Firefox OS
Looking for OS, HTML5 and cloud programmers
Foxconn is apparently taking Firefox OS quite seriously. The manufacturer is planning to hire 2,000 to 3,000 developers to bolster its Firefox OS team, which sounds like a veritable army.
The skill set Foxconn is after is not surprising. It is looking for software engineers with experience in HTML 5 operating systems, HTML5 apps and cloud computing. The vacancies seem to be centred on Taiwan. Suicide prone candidates need not apply.
Foxconn is said to be working on more than five Firefox OS devices, which should cover all major market segments. Although the Firefox OS ecosystem is still dwarfed by Android and iOS, things could change if the new OS is backed by the likes of Foxconn.
It seems that Foxconn is no longer content with building Android and iOS gear for other brands, it wants to become a consumer brand in its own right and Firefox OS is its platform of choice.
- How L1 and L2 CPU caches work, and why they’re an essential part of modern chips
- Screenshot trapelati da Foxconn rivelano le esatte dimensioni di iPhone 6
- Mozilla rilascia Firefox 31: ecco le principali novità
- Firefox 31, un browser che pensa a privacy e videogiochi
- Firefox 31, nuovo campo di ricerca nelle schede e controlli censura
- Firefox 31
- Foxconn is attempting to replace its human workers with thousands of robots
- iPhone 6: Foxconn lo assemblera’ con i robot
- Firefox, disponibile la versione per visori di realtà virtuale
- Foxconn alla ricerca di nuovi clienti