Foxconn to enlist thousands to work on Firefox OS
Looking for OS, HTML5 and cloud programmers
Foxconn is apparently taking Firefox OS quite seriously. The manufacturer is planning to hire 2,000 to 3,000 developers to bolster its Firefox OS team, which sounds like a veritable army.
The skill set Foxconn is after is not surprising. It is looking for software engineers with experience in HTML 5 operating systems, HTML5 apps and cloud computing. The vacancies seem to be centred on Taiwan. Suicide prone candidates need not apply.
Foxconn is said to be working on more than five Firefox OS devices, which should cover all major market segments. Although the Firefox OS ecosystem is still dwarfed by Android and iOS, things could change if the new OS is backed by the likes of Foxconn.
It seems that Foxconn is no longer content with building Android and iOS gear for other brands, it wants to become a consumer brand in its own right and Firefox OS is its platform of choice.
- How Does Solar Energy Work And Its Edge
- Recuperare password nel browser: come fare con Firefox, Chrome ed Internet Explorer
- Mozilla pronta l’interfaccia “Australis” del futuro Firefox
- Firefox 28 now out
- Niente Firefox per l’interfaccia a piastrelle di Windows 8.x
- PCMag Live 03/17/14: Firefox Most Hackable Browser & Apple’s Jony Ive interview
- Firefox is still the least secure web browser, falls to four zero-day exploits at Pwn2Own
- Foxconn assume 15mila dipendenti qualificati, forte espansione nel 2014
- Breakthrough – Intro to Physics – Work and Energy – Udacity
- Mozilla Firefox OS, smartphone a partire da 25 dollari