Surface mini tablet might appear in Q4
Let’s face it, Microsoft hasn’t had much luck with its Surface line of tablets, be it the ARM powered RT or x86 based Pro version.
Its fortunes probably won’t change anytime soon, but over the next few months Microsoft is expected to refresh its tablet line-up and we are already hearing the first juicy rumours, i.e. talk of an LTE enabled RT version powered by Qualcomm’s beefy Snapdragon 800.
However, small tablets are doing exceptionally well and this trend has not gone unnoticed at Redmond. Topology analyst Maxwell Chang believes Microsoft will roll out a smaller, cheaper Surface tablet in the fourth quarter of 2013, Focus Taiwan reports.
The so-called Surface mini will be based on an Intel Atom processor and it should cost $ 299. It is said to feature a 7.5- to 8-inch display, no word on resolution though.
“Microsoft is likely to aim at taking on the iPad mini because it knows it is hard to compete with Android tablets in terms of price,” Chang said.
Judging by the CPU, the Surface mini will be a Windows 8.1 affair, since Microsoft has apparently already tapped Qualcomm for next generation Surface RT chips.
- Sony vende pochi smartphone e tablet, ora punterà solo sui prodotti di fascia alta
- Hands On With The Nvidia Shield Tablet – One Cool Thing
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD Kids Edition, nuovo tablet per bambini con scocca gommata
- iOS 8: The best new features, plus a few hidden gems you might not have found yet
- iPhone 6 Plus review round-up: Like a mini iPad Mini, but with a better camera
- Toshiba Encore Mini in vendita, il tablet Windows di fascia bassa venduto a 119 dollari
- How to install iOS 8 on your iPhone 5S, iPad, and iPad Mini right now
- NVIDIA Opens Pre-Orders For The SHIELD Tablet With LTE and 32GB Of Storage
- HP 8 G2, nuovo tablet Android di fascia bassa con AllWinner A33
- Nexus 9, il nuovo tablet verrà forse presentato l’8 settembre