Surface mini tablet might appear in Q4
Let’s face it, Microsoft hasn’t had much luck with its Surface line of tablets, be it the ARM powered RT or x86 based Pro version.
Its fortunes probably won’t change anytime soon, but over the next few months Microsoft is expected to refresh its tablet line-up and we are already hearing the first juicy rumours, i.e. talk of an LTE enabled RT version powered by Qualcomm’s beefy Snapdragon 800.
However, small tablets are doing exceptionally well and this trend has not gone unnoticed at Redmond. Topology analyst Maxwell Chang believes Microsoft will roll out a smaller, cheaper Surface tablet in the fourth quarter of 2013, Focus Taiwan reports.
The so-called Surface mini will be based on an Intel Atom processor and it should cost $ 299. It is said to feature a 7.5- to 8-inch display, no word on resolution though.
“Microsoft is likely to aim at taking on the iPad mini because it knows it is hard to compete with Android tablets in terms of price,” Chang said.
Judging by the CPU, the Surface mini will be a Windows 8.1 affair, since Microsoft has apparently already tapped Qualcomm for next generation Surface RT chips.
- Offerte weekend: gadget tablet per auto e offerte eBay
- Can a Mini PC Game? – Zotac ZBOX EI730-U Review
- DisplaySearch «il nuovo iPhone cannibalizzerà le vendite di iPad Mini»
- The human brain’s remarkably low power consumption, and how computers might mimic its efficiency
- Disponibile l’espansione La Maledizione del Grifone per Might & Magic: Duel of Champions
- Come trasformare un tablet in una consolle da DJ
- Addio computer: i tablet la tecnologia del futuro
- In 2015 tablet sales will finally surpass PCs, fulfilling Steve Jobs’ post-PC prophecy
- HP All in One Slate 17, ecco la nuova soluzione dell’azienda per il mercato tablet
- Soofa: la panchina solare che ricarica smartphone e tablet