Surface mini tablet might appear in Q4
Let’s face it, Microsoft hasn’t had much luck with its Surface line of tablets, be it the ARM powered RT or x86 based Pro version.
Its fortunes probably won’t change anytime soon, but over the next few months Microsoft is expected to refresh its tablet line-up and we are already hearing the first juicy rumours, i.e. talk of an LTE enabled RT version powered by Qualcomm’s beefy Snapdragon 800.
However, small tablets are doing exceptionally well and this trend has not gone unnoticed at Redmond. Topology analyst Maxwell Chang believes Microsoft will roll out a smaller, cheaper Surface tablet in the fourth quarter of 2013, Focus Taiwan reports.
The so-called Surface mini will be based on an Intel Atom processor and it should cost $ 299. It is said to feature a 7.5- to 8-inch display, no word on resolution though.
“Microsoft is likely to aim at taking on the iPad mini because it knows it is hard to compete with Android tablets in terms of price,” Chang said.
Judging by the CPU, the Surface mini will be a Windows 8.1 affair, since Microsoft has apparently already tapped Qualcomm for next generation Surface RT chips.
- Accedere al computer da Android utilizzando smartphone o tablet
- Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr” sarà sui primi tablet Ubuntu commerciali
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 (Neo) e Gear Fit, ecco smartphone e tablet compatibili
- Una mini guida sulla Nuova Sabatini per i piccoli impianti a fonti rinnovabili
- Mercato tablet, Samsung al 23% ma Apple è ancora lontana
- Mini Winnie, in UK nasce il primo cane clonato
- Smartphone e tablet, StoreDot promette tecnologia per caricarli in pochi secondi
- Mini kapanadze generator: 27 Watts in 460 Watts out
- Samsung SM-T800, nuovo tablet Samsung passa la certificazione dell’FCC
- HTC working on HTC One (M8) Mini