Haswell for businesses has Shark Bay vPRO
Lots of business oriented features
It is not all about consumers when it comes to Intel. Intel has high hopes that many businesses will pick up an Ultrabook or a few of them, and the hopes are also high that there will be a few that will go after Intel based tablets / convertibles based on Atom chips.
Intel makes a lot of money off business users and aims to get their attention with the Shark Bay platform, which features Intel vPro processors. This won’t simply be a notebook with a different brand, it will have some nice features such as Wireless display 4.1 for business with secure conference room support, Indoor LBS for business that brings the asset tracking, Intel SSD PRO with encryption management with Intel SSDs, Intel SCS 9 with enhanced platform setup and configuration.
The list goes on and includes Intel small business advantage 2.0 and 2.1 features, enhanced KVM support with 2560×1600 display resumption support, TSX-NI performance acceleration for big data and business intelligence applications, VMCS better user experience in virtualized environments that allows multiple simultaneous VMM´s and Intel connect centre, formally known as MyWiFi that lets you securely share files and screen with a peer without using a hotspot in or outside of enterprise.
Some of these features should be hitting the new generation of business oriented notebooks that are expected in Q3 2013, so pretty much now.
- New HTC One (M8) Leaked & 2014 Haswell Refresh
- Dell XPS 15 Haswell Edition: qHD+ with a Refined Design
- Intel’s Haswell 4th Generation Processor Refresh: Prices Leaked
- Pre-Order Price List and Specs Pop Up for Refreshed Haswell CPUs
- ET deals: $250 off Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, with 256GB SSD, Haswell CPU, 3200×1800 screen
- Intel Reveals New Haswell Details at ISSCC 2014
- ET deals: $399 for 17-inch Haswell laptop
- ASUS Chromebox: Fanless Haswell in a NUC-like Form Factor, Starting at $179
- Intel Haswell NUC: What’s New for 2014 – i5, i3, Celeron & 2.5″ Drive Support (Hands On)
- ET deals: $549 for quad-core Haswell Dell Optiplex 3020