Haswell for businesses has Shark Bay vPRO
Lots of business oriented features
It is not all about consumers when it comes to Intel. Intel has high hopes that many businesses will pick up an Ultrabook or a few of them, and the hopes are also high that there will be a few that will go after Intel based tablets / convertibles based on Atom chips.
Intel makes a lot of money off business users and aims to get their attention with the Shark Bay platform, which features Intel vPro processors. This won’t simply be a notebook with a different brand, it will have some nice features such as Wireless display 4.1 for business with secure conference room support, Indoor LBS for business that brings the asset tracking, Intel SSD PRO with encryption management with Intel SSDs, Intel SCS 9 with enhanced platform setup and configuration.
The list goes on and includes Intel small business advantage 2.0 and 2.1 features, enhanced KVM support with 2560×1600 display resumption support, TSX-NI performance acceleration for big data and business intelligence applications, VMCS better user experience in virtualized environments that allows multiple simultaneous VMM´s and Intel connect centre, formally known as MyWiFi that lets you securely share files and screen with a peer without using a hotspot in or outside of enterprise.
Some of these features should be hitting the new generation of business oriented notebooks that are expected in Q3 2013, so pretty much now.
- WORLD RECORD HASWELL i7-4770K OVERCLOCK!
- Intel Disables TSX Instructions: Erratum Found in Haswell, Haswell-E/EP, Broadwell-Y
- Overclockers push new Devil’s Canyon Haswell to 5.5GHz on air, 6.4GHz with LN2
- ET deals: Lenovo Flex 2 14-inch Core i7 Haswell convertible touchscreen ultrabook for $669
- ET deals: Dell XPS 8700 Core i7 Haswell quad-core desktop for $750
- Intel D54250WYKH Haswell NUC Kit with 2.5″ Drive Slot Mini-Review
- Surface Pro 3 il 20 maggio con CPU Intel Haswell
- The Intel Haswell Refresh Review: Core i7-4790, i5-4690 and i3-4360 Tested
- Apple Updates MacBook Air for 2014: Faster Haswell Parts & $100 Price Drop
- Intel lists Haswell refresh parts