Next-gen 15-inch Macbook Pro tips up at Geekbench
With Intel Core i7-4950HQ Haswell CPU
Although the new 13-inch Macbook Pro was already leaked almost a month ago, Apple has yet to officially announce the new updated 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with Haswell CPUs and now the same source pointed out to a 15-inch MacBook Pro that will feature Intel’s Haswell Core i7-4950HQ CPU with Intel Iris Pro HD 5200 (Haswell-GT3) GPU.
Featuring a code name “AAPLJ45,1″ the new 15-inch MacBook Pro was spotted on the Geekbench result page running Intel’s 47W TDP quad-core Core i7-4950HQ CPU clocked at 2.4GHz base and 3.6GHz maximum Turbo clock, featuring Intel Iris Pro HD 5200 iGPU with 40 executive units (EUs). Although it is still not clear if this is a Retina or non-Retina model, Geekbench pointed out that it will most likely lack a discrete GPU since the bechmark should have seen it even if it was disabled for benchmarking.
In case you remember, during its Worldwide Developers Conference last month, Apple only announced the refreshed Macbook Air model while, although expected, the Macbook Pro refresh was nowhere to be seen.
Apple is most likely aiming for the “back-to-school” timeframe with MacBook Pro refresh so we should see it before the end of next month.
- TSMC is finally making 20nm parts for Apple’s next-gen iPhone, iPad
- Broadwell MacBook Pro and iMac could be delayed deep into 2015
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel — Handsome Jack’s Tips for Surviving on the Moon
- Intel’s next-gen Xeon Phi will be 3x faster, include next-gen Hybrid Memory Cube tech
- A luglio Apple comincia a produrre il MacBook Air da 12 pollici, addio ai MacBook Air?
- Microsoft, 650$ agli utenti di MacBook Air se passano al Surface Pro 3
- Nintendo: Wii U seconda nella console war tra i formati next-gen
- Sleeping Dogs headed to next-gen?
- Five Tips and Tricks for Using the Midi Fighter Twister With Ableton Live for Performance
- Basic Track Arrangement & Tips In Ableton Live 9