Eurocom adds Radeon HD 8970M to Racer 2.0 notebook
Eurocom has added the AMD Radeon HD 8970M graphics card to its Ivy Bridge-based Racer 2.0 notebook. According to Eurocom, in addition to the support for MXM 3.0b specification, the new Radeon HD 8970M will offer a new level of ultra-high performance graphics to upgrade their current Racer 2.0 or configure the new system. Eurocom has been known to offer upgradeability for its systems and its nice to know that you can update your GPU in a notebook.
As you probably already know, the GCN architecture based Radeon HD 8970M is simply a higher-clocked version of the Radeon HD 7970M and features 1280 stream processors and works at 850MHz for the GPU and comes with 4GB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 1200MHz and paired up with a 256-bit memory interface.
In case you missed it before, Eurocom’s Racer 2.0 is a 15.6-inch Mobile Workstation based on Intel’s Mobile H77 Express chipset with support for Intel 22nm Ivy Bridge CPUs, up to 32GB DDR3-1600 memory and up to three HDDs.
- Raffreddare il notebook d’estate: alcuni semplici consigli
- eBay sconta i notebook: cinque modelli da 259 a 499 euro
- MSI GT72 Dominator Pro: fino a 3 mila dollari e 32GB di RAM per il notebook da videogamer
- LockItTight, software di controllo remoto per smartphone e notebook
- Notebook a basso costo con Windows 8, anche da 199 dollari di prezzo
- Nuovi Driver Catalyst 14.7 RC per le schede AMD Radeon e Microsoft Win 7/8.1
- Newegg adds Bitcoins as payment method
- Radeon R9 M295X con GPU Tonga: l’anti GeForce GTX 880M
- HP sceglie AMD per i notebook EliteBook 700
- I notebook convertibili Dell Inspiron supportano Ubuntu