Gigabyte Debuts FM2+ G1.Sniper Gaming Motherboard for AMD’s Kaveri Launch
Autore: Tech of Tomorrow
AMD may be down in the number game, but that is not slowing them down when it comes to their APU line. Gigabyte knows what is coming down the pipeline and in preparation of AMD’s upcoming Kaveri launch, they are launching a few new FM2+ motherboards, including a new addition to its G1-Killer series of gaming motherboards, the G1-Sniper A88X.
This is the first certified gaming motherboard for the AMD platform from Gigabyte. Audio in the last few revisions of motherboards in general has become the hip thing so we can expect some nice addition in that department as well.
When I attended a press briefing at Gigabyte’s headquarters a few months back, they were showing off their new audio on the Z87 boards and it now seems that they are bringing that same awesomeness to the table, only this time in the flavor of AMD, as a majority of the press release for the A88X motherboard was dedicated to discussing this new audio technology.
There are a couple of key elements that make up the feature set of the audio on the G1-Sniper A88X. The first is a USB DAC-UP, a gold-plated USB 2.0 port that provides noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. And the second is Gain Boost, which provides onboard switches to select between 2.5x and 6x amplification modes depending on the output device.
The Vice President of Gigabyte’s Motherboard Business Unit had the following to say:
“We’ve had a lot of customer interest in expanding our G1-Killer gaming motherboard range to include an AMD platform model. By also developing unique audio features that make a real difference to the overall experience, we’re confident this board will be a real hit with gamers and audiophiles alike.”
I know AMD fans will be very happy on one hand, but on the other sometimes those dedicated to AMD will not be thrilled with a non red/black color scheme, which if Gigabyte happened to manufacture in those colors, I think it would be a total win. So what do you AMD fans have to say? Are you guys cool with the NVIDIA green/black look or is that a deal breaker? Thanks for reading and taking time to answer our poll as we value your input and thoughts here on Tech Of Tomorrow.
- Launch America: la NASA annuncia che Boeing e SpaceX riporteranno gli USA nello spazio
- Mionix Nash 20 Gaming Headset
- GIGABYTE BRIX Gaming BXi5G-760 mini-PC Review
- AMD’s Power Pack: 6 APUs in a Box for System Builders
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution – Launch Trailer
- SwiftKey to be Available at iOS 8 Launch
- Devastator Red Edition: mouse e tastiera gaming a 30 euro
- Kickass $1250 8-Core AMD Gaming PC Build (September 2014)
- GIGABYTE Server Releases Seven C612 Series Workstation and Server Motherboards
- Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition – Launch Trailer