Asus to unleash frugal MeMO Pad 10 on unsuspecting Europeans
€249 for 10-inch quad-core
Last week we came across the first listings for the Asus MeMO Pad 8, which is a pretty attractive 8-incher with a questionable €249 price tag.
Now its bigger brother is also starting to show up in EU listings, but it won’t be available for at least the next few weeks. The MeMO Pad 10 appears to be just a bigger version of the 8-inch model, with identical internals. The only difference is that it boasts a 10-inch 1280×800 screen.
The quad-core Asus RK101 (or Rockchip) processor clocked at 1.6GHz is running the show and the tablet has 1GB of memory and 16GB of storage. It will come in three colours, white, pink and gray. The simple, understated design looks pretty good.
It costs as much as the 8-incher – €249, so it’s not very cheap, but we can hardly call it overpriced. It doesn’t cost much more than similar white-box tablets, yet Asus has a pretty good reputation when it comes to Android tablets, so it can charge a bit more than nameless vendors.
- Asus Barebone VivoMini UN42, mini PC super compatto a 149 dollari
- Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix: Maxwell alla seconda prova
- The Intel Haswell-E X99 Motherboard Roundup with ASUS, GIGABYTE, ASRock and MSI
- Asus RoG G551 e G771: notebook di design per giocare
- ASUS GTX 970 Unboxed Through iPhone 6 Plus
- Asus RoG G551 e G771, due nuovi latptop da gaming per la Serie G
- Asus Nexus Player tips up in benchmark
- ASUS Announces Haswell-E Workstation Motherboards: X99-E WS (1P) and Z10PE-D8 WS (2P)
- Asus Vivo Tab 8, chip a 64-bit per il nuovo tablet con Windows 8.1
- Asus Zenwatch: video hands-on in anteprima dall’IFA