Asus slaps DirectCU II cooler on R9 290X
Asus is teasing Radeon lovers with what could be the first custom R9 290X card. The card features an DirectCU II cooler, but we are not sure whether it has a non-reference PCB, too.
In any case the DirectCU II cooler should make quite a difference. Asus has plenty of experience and it has shipped the DirectCU II cooler on countless Radeon and Geforce cards, so performance should not be an issue.
It features two fans, but one of the fans also has a small blower that it supposed to channel air toward the rear exhaust vent. It uses massive 10mm nickel plated heatpipes in direct contact with the Hawaii GPU.
Of course, since this is just a tease, Asus did not reveal any specs. Asus does promise a consistent level of performance, lower temperatures and less noise – but that sort of applies to all custom coolers out there.
- Asus rottama l’usato: sconta 100 euro per il nuovo portatile
- Lo smartwatch per i problemi quotidiani è la ricetta di Asus
- Asus Transformer T100 gets new chips, colours
- Asus Zenbook UX303 in un nuovo video promo, ecco l’ultrabook di nuovissima generazione
- The ASUS HQ Tour: Testing Facilities
- Overclock libero su motherboard H97, anche Asus al lavoro
- Il futuro dei PC? Tutt’altro che tragico per il presidente di Asus
- Computex 2014: The ASUS Booth Tour
- Asus Transformer Book T100: soddisfatti o rimborsati
- Bio cooler, e il frigo non ha più bisogno di elettricità